ABOUT THE CHAMBER OF ADVOCATES...
Presidential Decree "On measures to further reform of the legal profession in the Republic of Uzbekistan" May 1, 2008 approved the proposal of the Ministry of Justice and the Association of Advocates of Uzbekistan about the establishment of the Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of the Association of Advocates of Uzbekistan, based on compulsory membership of all attorneys of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan was formed in succession on the basis of the Association of Advocates of Uzbekistan and its regional branches on the basis of a founding conference from September 12, 2008.
In September 2013 there was held the II Conference of Chamber of Advocates of Uzbekistan, during which were ratified such documents of Chamber of advocates as Charter, Regulation on revision commission, Attorney’s professional ethics rules in new editions, were elected members of our Chamber (executive body) and revision commission.
The above-mentioned presidential decree has identified the most important tasks and activities of the Chamber of Advocates as following:
– the implementation of centralized coordination of attorney formations;
– promotion further development of the profession of attorney, enhance its credibility, strengthening the role of the legal profession in the protection of human rights and freedoms;
– implementation of measures on legal advocacy aimed at improving the legal awareness and legal culture of the population;
– making proposals for improving the legislative framework and law enforcement reforms, ensure the integrity of legal regulation and the uniformity of application of the legislation;
– participation in the drafting of legal acts regulating the activities of advocacy, preparation of proposals on them;
– representation and protection of the rights and legitimate interests of attorneys, including in relations with the state and economic management, as well as in court;
– adoption of measures to protect lawyers from persecution, restrictions and harassment in connection with their professional activities;
– provision of training and further training of attorneys;
– ensuring access to legal aid through the establishment of legal advices in the areas and towns of the republic;
– the collection and study of statistical data on the activities of advocacy, dissemination of positive experience of lawyers, law firms providing methodological assistance;
– monitoring the compliance by attorneys with laws and professional ethics rules.
In accordance with the decree of the Cabinet of Ministers by April 16, 2009 № 166-p the building located at: 471, Buyuk Ipak Yuli street, Mirzo Ulugbek district, Tashkent, was given to the balance of the Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan free of charge, without the right of disposal.
In accordance with the Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers by December 9, 2009 "On additional measures to strengthen the material-technical base of the Chamber of Advocates of the Republic of Uzbekistan" №308, for the repair and reconstruction of the administrative building of the Chamber of Advocates has been allocated 820 million sums from the Development Fund of the courts and judicial bodies.
Since its establishment, the Chamber of Advocates have done extensive work aimed at further reforming and improving the activity of the advocacy institution in the Republic of Uzbekistan.
In 2009, the Chamber of Advocates organized and conducted re-certification of all attorneys carrying out their activities in the Republic of Uzbekistan to 1 January 2009 for compliance with the requirements established by the Presidential Decree of May 1, 2008, №PD-3993 "On measures for further reformation of the advocacy in the Republic of Uzbekistan".